Alan Walker - Alone (Xcessive remix) Alan Walker - Alone (Xcessive remix)

for the love of all that is good and holy, STOP USING A LIMITER ON THE MASTER CHANNEL

Other than that, the mix could use plenty of cleanup so we can actually hear the vocals (and everything else), but seriously, that much compression/limiting makes anything sound terrible. Look for some tutorials on mixing and mastering and it'll sound a lot better.

Melodic Eargasm Melodic Eargasm

Arrangement's workable, but the melody just isn't that good. It's the kind of melody someone would write if they never listened to any music, from any genre, other than Tobu. Try listening to some songs with melodies that stick around, and see what makes them different. Working on your phrasing will help with that. And this definitely isn't the kind of melody you can just repeat over and over for three minutes, add some variety.
Double-check your mix, this is pretty raw and unrefined. Focusing some sounds into different frequencies will give it a lot more vitality, and so will using the stereo field so everything isn't just straight down the middle.
I don't really like this kind of EDM to begin with, too much of it just sounds exactly the same and there's not much room for this particular style to develop, but I guess this'll be passable if you work on the composition and mixing? Other people like it, so sure, I guess?
And please knock it off with the bots. This is a couple steps above Dubstep Machine, you're not actually getting 11.5k views on something like this.

SpeTheof responds:

I disagree completely, thank you

Soupernova (a remix of an Xtrullor song) Soupernova (a remix of an Xtrullor song)

There are some workable ideas in the composition. You've got a sense of flow, with the switch from melodies to chords to a bass-driven drop, but to get a workable result, your production seriously needs work.
The instrument balance is way off (why does it suddenly get quieter at the drop? why's the organ so loud?), the drums you're using are dated and don't pack any punch, there's no sidechain to bring them out (see my guide: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1421528), but mostly, it's just empty. You've got a barebones arrangement going, with no reverb to fill out the gaps. Using the stereo field (smart use of reverb, stereo delay, chorus, and unison will help), layering sounds to fill gaps in the spectrum, and compressing key sounds (individually!) will make this more interesting.
If you're just starting out, don't get discouraged. Electronic music production is a lot harder than it seems to an outsider, but things get easier when you learn to listen critically. Watch tutorials to learn the basics, then check your tracks against tracks from producers you admire, and see what they're doing differently.

Stardust-Nation responds:

Thank you for the review. You've given me some pretty valuable advice! I didn't even attempt to use the reverb and stereo field but I will in the future. I'm still experimenting and learning. An important part of that will be to continue to learn how to use all those key elements of my app, Caustic, which is fairly easy to use overall (if a bit limited and simplistic). But I'm improving over time, and continue to learn a lot.

Parked Parked

This is begging for a bitchin' synthwave song but I don't do synthwave :(

YakovlevArt responds:

all are welcome to use it as inspiration if it helps!