Alan Walker - Alone (Xcessive remix) Alan Walker - Alone (Xcessive remix)

for the love of all that is good and holy, STOP USING A LIMITER ON THE MASTER CHANNEL

Other than that, the mix could use plenty of cleanup so we can actually hear the vocals (and everything else), but seriously, that much compression/limiting makes anything sound terrible. Look for some tutorials on mixing and mastering and it'll sound a lot better.

Melodic Eargasm Melodic Eargasm

Arrangement's workable, but the melody just isn't that good. It's the kind of melody someone would write if they never listened to any music, from any genre, other than Tobu. Try listening to some songs with melodies that stick around, and see what makes them different. Working on your phrasing will help with that. And this definitely isn't the kind of melody you can just repeat over and over for three minutes, add some variety.
Double-check your mix, this is pretty raw and unrefined. Focusing some sounds into different frequencies will give it a lot more vitality, and so will using the stereo field so everything isn't just straight down the middle.
I don't really like this kind of EDM to begin with, too much of it just sounds exactly the same and there's not much room for this particular style to develop, but I guess this'll be passable if you work on the composition and mixing? Other people like it, so sure, I guess?
And please knock it off with the bots. This is a couple steps above Dubstep Machine, you're not actually getting 11.5k views on something like this.

SpeTheof responds:

I disagree completely, thank you

Soupernova (a remix of an Xtrullor song) Soupernova (a remix of an Xtrullor song)

There are some workable ideas in the composition. You've got a sense of flow, with the switch from melodies to chords to a bass-driven drop, but to get a workable result, your production seriously needs work.
The instrument balance is way off (why does it suddenly get quieter at the drop? why's the organ so loud?), the drums you're using are dated and don't pack any punch, there's no sidechain to bring them out (see my guide: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1421528), but mostly, it's just empty. You've got a barebones arrangement going, with no reverb to fill out the gaps. Using the stereo field (smart use of reverb, stereo delay, chorus, and unison will help), layering sounds to fill gaps in the spectrum, and compressing key sounds (individually!) will make this more interesting.
If you're just starting out, don't get discouraged. Electronic music production is a lot harder than it seems to an outsider, but things get easier when you learn to listen critically. Watch tutorials to learn the basics, then check your tracks against tracks from producers you admire, and see what they're doing differently.

Stardust-Nation responds:

Thank you for the review. You've given me some pretty valuable advice! I didn't even attempt to use the reverb and stereo field but I will in the future. I'm still experimenting and learning. An important part of that will be to continue to learn how to use all those key elements of my app, Caustic, which is fairly easy to use overall (if a bit limited and simplistic). But I'm improving over time, and continue to learn a lot.

Turnkey Tyranny Turnkey Tyranny

Good ideas, but a busy mix. Cut some stuff out of the mids with the EQ, and don't forget to leave room for the drums.

SnowTeddy responds:

Thanks for the review!

Sprite Sprite

Dial everything back if you're going for chill. This is pretty table-flippy for a "chill" song. The synths are too loud with too much highs, the vocals are too up front and annoying, the beat is way too hype, and it's mastered loud as hell with no room for dynamics. Even for a non chill song, there are parts that are just off key, so double-check your chord voicings.

High Score [ Future Bass ] High Score [ Future Bass ]

Yup, it's future. Adorable sounds, clean mix, big arrangement, suddenly I'm living in a slice of life anime. It's interesting how the main sounds are pretty simple/chippy, but some of the drums are a little beefier. I kinda like that tbh.

If I can say anything bad about this, it's that the rhythms are pretty stiff for future bass; good future has a lot of syncopation to give it some bounce. Some sounds could use more reverb, too, but this is still great.

AikaMusic responds:

There is always room for improvement, I feel like every song though I'm getting better and better.

You're actually the reason I started making future bass in the first place! So thanks for the inspiration. :)

Motorgear (ft. Bobslide) Motorgear (ft. Bobslide)

I get that you're going for a lofi sound, but here are some fixes that'll make it hit harder without taking away from that. If you double-track the guitars and pan them to the sides, that'll give the vox more room. Add some chorus and delay/reverb on the vox to make them bigger, and check your instrument balance so that nothing's too loud or getting swallowed up in the mix (like the drums), and you'll get something heavier but still dirty.

NONSENS-COMEDY responds:

Thank you for your criticism. Much appreciated my friend. ^^

Goth Girls Goth Girls

I can't say much about the composition or arrangement one way or another (because it's hard to hear what's going on), but the production needs serious work. Track your rhythm guitars at least twice and pan them to the sides. That makes them T H I C C and leaves more room down the middle so the vox and drums aren't crowding them out. Try and EQ them so they aren't all fuzz; it'll be easier if you A/B them against stuff like FCDX or Xenogen or whatever you're going for. Check your instrument balance so stuff like the snare doesn't just disappear in the mix, and remember: you have a DAW, you can redo something if you don't nail the take the first time.
After all that, it should be workable and we can move on to the writing.

1000 bites 1000 bites

don't steal music, you're not smart enough to get away with it

BlacK FlaG BlacK FlaG

don't steal tracks, we WILL find out